Use of this site
This privacy statement applies to users of the Website, www.fexco.com (the “site”). We at FEXCO are committed to protecting your privacy and this privacy statement sets out the use we make of any your information that we may obtain by the use of our site. The site is operated by FEXCO of FEXCO Centre, Iveragh Road, Killorglin, Co Kerry, Ireland (referred to here as “we”/”us”/”our”).
Using the site
We collect general information about each individual visitor’s experience of our website. We collect information such as the Internet Protocol address of persons using the site, browser types, referring pages, pages visited, time spent on the site etc. Individuals cannot be identified by this information and we use it, like cookies (see below) to improve the performance, design and layout of the site, and bringing our customers the type of content and products they want.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of the Information
We may share your personal information with other members of the FEXCO Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Whilst we do not, as a rule, disclose your personal information to third parties, we may do so in the following exceptions:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If FEXCO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Launch of Other Sites
Your Rights, Access to and Rectification of Your Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can also request that we rectify or erase any information that we hold about you, if that information is incorrect. You can obtain information about yourself, or request a rectification or erasure, by writing to the Privacy Officer, FEXCO, Iveragh Road, Killorglin, Co Kerry, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Irish Data Protection Commissioner
Further information on your data privacy rights are available on the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner. http://www.dataprivacy.ie